Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Adaptation to KAIST



After 2 days of school life in KAIST, I am getting adapted to this new environment of knowledge! I have bought a phone costing 30,000 only and a bike which I spent only 12,000 for refurbishment, and I have figured out posting system, notes printing system (ah this make me feel nostalgic of NUS library!), student centre etc.

Today I have only 1 class from 11am to 12pm, I met a new classmate, a Korean guy who looks like no other friend in the class LOL, well we will form a team maybe. Then after class, me and the gang went to a Korean restaurant to get GundaeJjigae (Army Soup Pot)! Wow as you see in the picture, there are luncheon meat, sausages, mushroom, ricecake, minced beef, vegetable and the soup with cheese! It costs us 5,000 won each and it was a perfect lunch for me before my Korean class.

Why so I still need to attend Korean class? No, I was just attending a Korean class session with KI house (KAIST International House), where those retired ajumas give 1 to 1 tutorial on Korean according to your level and pace. My tutor is a middle age ajuma whom I forget her name LOL, wearing spec with good disposition. I continued study my Korean textbook from NUS and have had nice talking with her for the afternoon. She said that she is doing this kind of voluntary works as she is so thankful that she escaped death with a transplant and now she is giving back to the society now.

I have finally done with my Alien Registration card application which has engrossed me for a long time. As I have leaved Korea last week, my visa became obsolete because I must obtain a Alien Registration card before I leave Korea, so that is. I had my high-tea at coffee bean at the International Lounge, where the environment is way too comfortable to relax :).

At night just now, we had a birthday celebration for Moon Yee at Burger King. Again Baskin Robin ice cream cake bought for the celebration, it is delicious anyway. And this made my day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment