Tuesday, May 10, 2011

3rd World Food Festival



After trips to Cheongwadae, the President's Blue House, and DMZ (pictures check out at fb!), we are left with 2 weeks of school and exams. Today is public holiday and we participated the 3rd World Food Festival organized by the Hanbit Church. There are total 18 countries, including Malaysia and Singapore. I helped out in both stall and it was really a wonderful experience though it was hectic!

We prepared the food for Singapore stall since last week, with lots of times of trial and error, and finally came out with 1) Friend Hokkien Mee, 2) Prata Cheese Sausage and 3) Milo Dinosaur (this is really representing Singapore ha). Malaysian side we have Nasi Lemak, not much preparation as we got help from the Hanbit Church people, my only contribution to the Malaysia stall is just help to cook before the event starts! All credits to Suyi, our Malaysian Nasi Lemak tastes really best and good sales followed of course!


I slept last night 5 am in the hall after cooking (actually I was there to enjoy the atmosphere of cooking only) and woke up 7.30am to help out Suyi to prepare the food. I was so tired today but the event was successful, filled with fun and joy, and definitely wonderful memory for my exchange stint, aside from travelling, reveling in the binge, and whole new academic experience.

I am proud of myself, my country, and NUS in providing such opportunity to my life. As time passes, there are 2 weeks left and there will be less outing, I suppose.

I am an EXCHANGE STUDENT, however, this weekend I am heading to Seoul again to meet up with Zhen Tian, and other classmate from LAK NUS! Cant wait to meet you all :)

1 comment:

  1. There are wonderful performances like choir (thumbs up!) too!

    ReplyDelete