Monday, March 28, 2011

Week 8!

Wow time flies and its week 8, which means our exam week starts soon! I have been a little bit busy these past few weeks, especially with assignment and project due. Lets have some intro about what module am I doing in KAIST so far:

CBE311 Chemical Molecular Engineering - An essential chemical engineering basic module! I am really aiming to score this super-hard core module. Could I?

HSS148 Intoduction to Sociology - Personally I love this module and I think will score this module and outbeat the Koreans?? (P/s: Koreans are hardworking and they could stay up whole day for studying, just like the Chinese)

CBE342 Chemical and Biological Product Design - Basically this module is a slack module without much homework and exams, but we have to come out with a product design idea and propose it in a professional way. We came out with a idea colour changing bottle cap but I am abit frustrated that one of my teammate is freeriding on our group, I am freerided while I am an exchange student!

CBE260 Biomolecular Engineering - Another bio module I have taken so far. I have to admit my weakness in bio-related modules.

MSB238 Organizational Behaviour - This module is really epic. Our professor is from Chungnam University and he is always crap based on the notes (the notes are not done by him some more!). Well, I would say this is one of the slackiest module as the prof is kind of easy-going person, with easily set exam questions and crappy lectures! Here are a few spots I like to hang out in KAIST, either studying or relaxing:)


Coffee BEAN at the International Lounge


Book Cafe at the KAIST library


P/s: some funny notes from our friend about Do's and Dont's in KOREA, http://www.facebook.com/#!/note.php?note_id=10150113071103807

Here is some extract,

...2.4) Try the street foods. Street foods are the best. And do eat with your hands haha.


2.5) Must try soju. Though, a lot of girls I met prefer Makkeolli. It is up to the person.


2.6) Try live octopus/squid. Live means live, they should be moving when you eat them.


2.7) Koreans (those in KAIST) don't really exercise... By that I mean I see more joggers/swimmers/gym-ers/etc. in every other country I have been to than in KAIST... and I have been to quite a few countries. I don't know how they stay so skinny. Maybe it has something to do with why I am permanently hungry.


2.8) Travel cheaply by staying in jimjilbangs (saunas) instead of hostels/hotels. You won't sleep very well, but you get to save a ton lot of money and see local culture.


2.9) Don't look like an alien (though you really are one by definitions of the Korean Immigrations Bureau) and talk loudly on the streets. Humph! Who's that loud and uncultured young man/woman! ...

1 comment:

  1. hey, dont worry about ur exam i know u can do a good job. I'm also taking Organizational Behaviour, it seem like very easy and also need to understand a lot of theories. haha.. gambateh!!
    Jen Li here.

    ReplyDelete